- bunch large leaf kale
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- seasonings (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Wash and dry kale leaves.
3. Remove stems, rip leaves into bite-sized pieces, and place in medium-sized bowl.
4. Drizzle olive oil and massage into kale.
5. Spread kale pieces evenly on baking sheet and sprinkle with sea salt.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes (until crispy, but not brown).
7. Allow the kale to cool and then season as you desire. I like them plain and lightly salted myself, but try some garlic salt or your favorite herbs. Enjoy!
Tips for kale chips:
- Make sure that the kale is completely dry before using it. (I recommend using a salad spinner.) Any liquid left over will cause the chips to “steam” rather than bake in the oven.
- Do not use too much oil (which will make them soggy), but don’t use too little (or they will burn)! The trick is to use sparingly, but take the time to massage the oil into every nook and cranny.
- Spread the pieces evenly, making sure there is no overlap to ensure an even bake. Lower temperatures work best!
Like what you find here? Click here to sign up for more healthy tips, inspirations, and recipes sent directly to your inbox each week.